Summary of Presentations from the Bristol Myers Squibb/AstraZeneca Alliance Symposium, European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) 49th Annual Congress, Barcelona, Spain, 23rd September 2013.
Chairpersons: Michael Nauck,1 Dídac Mauricio,2 Anthony Barnett3
Speakers: Tina Vilsbøll,4 Samy Hadjadj,5 Peter Rossing,6 Edoardo Mannucci,7 Harald Darius,8 Chantal Mathieu9
1. Head, Diabeteszentrium Bad Lauterberg, Harz, Germany
2. Chief Physician, Department of Endocrinology & Nutrition, Germans Trias i Pujol University Hospital, Badalona, Spain
3. Professor of Medicine, University of Birmingham, UK
4. Professor of Medicine, Head of the Diabetes Research Division, Gentofte Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
5. Department of Diabetology, Poitiers University Hospital, France
6. Head of Research, Steno Diabetes Centre, Professor of Diabetic Angiopathy, Aarus University, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
7. Director, Diabetes Agency of Careggi Teaching Hospital, Florence, Italy
8. Director, Department of Cardiology, Vascular Medicine and Intensive Care Medicines, Vivantes Neukölln Medical Centre, Berlin, Germany
9. Professor of Medicine, Katholieke University, Leuven, Belgium
Disclosure: Speakers participating in this symposium received honorarium from Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Acknowledgements: Writing assistance provided by Dr Jonathan Viney.
Support: The publication of this article was funded by Bristol-Myers Squibb. The views and opinions expressed are those of the authors and not necessarily of Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Citation: EMJ Diabet. 2013;1:22-29.