Summary of the Presentations from the Daiichi Sankyo Symposium, ESC Congress 2013, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Chairperson: Valentin Fuster1
Speakers: Ajay K. Kakkar,2 Gregory Y. H. Lip,3 Ander Cohen,4 Harry R. Büller5
1. Director of Mount Sinai Heart at the Mount Sinai Medical Center, Chicago, USA
2. Professor of Surgery, University College London, UK
3. Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Birmingham, UK
4. Honorary Consultant Vascular Physician, Kings College Hospital, London, UK
5. Professor of Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Disclosure: This symposium was conducted with an unrestricted grant from Daiichi Sankyo.
Acknowledgements: Writing assistance provided by Lynda McEvoy, ApotheCom Scope Medical.
Support: The publication of this article was funded by Daiichi Sankyo. The views and opinions expressed are those of the authors and not necessarily of Daiichi Sankyo.
Citation: EMJ Cardiol;1:30-35.
This educational symposium, supported by an unrestricted educational grant from Daiichi Sankyo, was given at the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) Congress, held between 31st August and 4th September 2013 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. This meeting highlighted the global burden of venous thromboembolism (VTE), and discussed the available therapies, both new and old.