Kraków, Poland, March 13, 2017 – Selvita (WSE:SLV), a clinical stage drug discovery and development company focused on innovative medicines for oncology patients, will publish the most recent data from its oncology programs at the upcoming AACR Annual Meeting 2017, which will place on April 1-5 2017, in Washington, DC, USA.
Data presented at the conference will include recent results from Selvita’s most advanced oncology program, a dual PIM/FLT3 inhibitor SEL24, currently in Phase I/II clinical trial, as well from Company’s preclinical and early discovery programs.
“We are delighted to be able to present at the upcoming AACR Annual Meeting such a broad selection of our project results. We will not only be reporting on our clinical program – SEL24, but also on some of our most promising preclinical and discovery programs e.g. in CDK8 inhibition, immunometabolism and epigenetics – said Krzysztof Brzozka, Chief Scientific Officer at Selvita. We are fighting for a better future of many oncology patients and we believe that with every day we are getting closer to our goal.”
The results from Selvita research and development programs will be presented in the following poster sessions:
- The poster presentation recapping the most recent results of SEL24 project development, entitled “Development of a potent, dual pan-PIM/FLT3 inhibitor for the treatment of heme malignancies”, Abstract no. 4087, will take place on Tuesday, April 4, between 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, during the session “Mechanistic Understanding of Novel Anticancer Therapies”, in the Halls A-C, Poster Section 3, poster board #27.
- The poster presentation reporting on the recent results of SEL120 project, entitled “Inhibition of CDK8 kinase with SEL120-34A allows for a personalized approach in AML”, Abstract no: 2174, will take place during the session “Targeting p53, Apoptosis, and the Cell Cycle”, on Monday, April 3, between 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, in the Halls A-C, Poster Section 7, poster board #25.
- The poster presentation entitled: “Epigenetic modulators show differential activity on lung adenocarcinoma cells with loss-of-function mutations of SWI/SNF protein SMARCA4”, Abstract no: 5063, will take place during the session “Epigenetic Agents”, on Wednesday, April 5, between 8:00AM – 12:00 PM, in the Halls A-C, Poster Section 2, poster board #8.
- The poster presentation entitled: “Small molecule inhibitors of SHMT1/2 validate serine metabolism as a target in the treatment of c-Myc positive solid tumors”, Abstract no: 442, will take place during the session “Metabolic Pathways in Cancer”, on Sunday, April 2, between 1:00PM – 5:00 PM, in the Halls A-C, Poster Section 18, poster board #13.
- The poster presentation entitled “Development of small molecule selective inhibitors of GCN2 as an immunotherapy aimed at preventing immune escape of tumor cells”, Abstract no: 2639, will take place during the session “Checkpoints 2: Small-Molecule Inhibitors”, on Monday, April 3, between 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM, in the Halls A-C, Poster Section 25, poster board #28.
About Selvita Oncology Pipeline
In its internal research and development efforts, Selvita focuses on oncology. The company’s most advanced R&D program is SEL24, a dual PIM/FLT3 kinase inhibitor currently in Phase I/II clinical study. The second most advanced program is SEL120, a first-in-class small molecule inhibitor of CDK8 with potential use in hematological malignancies, colorectal cancer and breast cancer. Several Selvita programs have been partnered with Merck/EMD Serono, H3 Biomedicine/Eisai and Nodthera/Epidarex. Selvita Early Discovery programs include: Immunooncology platform, Eptheron – an oncology platform with an aim to develop novel molecules specifically targeting certain epigenetic and metabolic abnormalities in cancer, as well as an early discovery stage immunometabolism program and project targeting novel kinase targets.
Selvita S.A. is a clinical stage drug discovery company engaged in the research and development of novel cancer therapies, as well as provision of integrated drug discovery services. Selvita is headquartered in Krakow, Poland, with offices in the USA (Greater Boston, San Francisco Bay), and in the UK (Cambridge). Selvita has currently several projects at early or late discovery stage. Drug discovery clients of Selvita include numerous large and medium-sized pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies from USA and Europe. The company is listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE:SLV).
Tel: +48 784 069 418